Friday, April 22, 2016

Week 13 Famous Last Words

(my life in a nutshell, via http://quotesgram.com/the-end-funny-quotes-semester/)

I should be more excited about the end of the semester than I am right now, because I'm actually almost all caught up on everything that I fell behind on during the first few weeks! As wonderful and informative and mind-stretching as Visual Anthropology was, it was also very intense, and it didn't leave a lot of room for doing anything else, so I was forced to triage and fell way behind in everything. And then it didn't actually end when it was supposed to, so that put me further behind. And it was really discouraging for a while, because I thought I was never going to catch up. But here I am--I'm back on track for points in this class, and I have a plan for finishing, and I have plenty of time to write papers from other classes.

But I am very, very tired. So I don't always get things done in the least amount of time they could get done in. See: I didn't do a Storytelling post this week because yesterday afternoon I had no brain for creative stuff, and this morning I didn't have a brain for creative stuff, so I decided to do two extra credit posts instead. And I'm having a hard time writing in Arabic, because that's like creativity in a completely different vein and requires me to use way more imagination than I have at the moment. So everything I end up writing in Arabic is very so-so, but I keep trying. Which is fine, because I'm learning how to balance things like what homework has to get done with what kind of shape my brain is in. But at the same time it's kind of discouraging that I have all of this time but I'm using all of it getting a small amount of stuff done. It's just the curse of wearing yourself out in the beginning of the semester, I guess: note to self for the next time...

So, yes...we'll keep on keeping on...I think everybody is exhausted at this point. I don't know what it is about spring semester, but it seems to fly by and be about ten times as intense as fall semester...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kathryn, I am so happy I noticed this etc graphic. Genius. I use etc when I write often. I will never think of it the same way again! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I hope the weekend is a chance to re-energize.............

    ReplyDelete