Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Google Timer Tech Tip

So since I talked about writing in short, timed bursts in my last post, I thought I would also do a Tech Tip post about Google Timer, which is awesome. As I learned from this class, basically you type "set timer for" into Google and it pops up with a timer. Which is much, much more convenient than the method I was using previously, which involved an app on my laptop (there is also a timer on my phone, but I dislike that one because then I can't leave my phone in the other room so it can't distract me.

So, as for any tips I have for timed (ha!) time management, I have this blog post by Maggie Stiefvater. And this one. And this one. Those last two are less about timers and more about time management in general and spreading the awesomeness of Maggie, but I digress...

There's also the Pomodoro Technique, which I used just this past weekend to write many, many pages. So that works, too--you just need more time than 10 minutes to accomplish it...

No comments:

Post a Comment