Sunday, May 1, 2016

Learning Challenge: Health and Happiness Memes!

(Image found via Learning Challenge website)
Forget these as steps to happiness (although no doubt they're awesome if you use them that way too)--this is such a cool way to remember how to deal with things. Once things get to the end of the semester--particularly with papers; I'm trying to learn how to love papers because theoretically they're things you can learn so much from but really in practice currently they're just a way I torture myself with procrastination and perfectionism and anxiety--I really do have to remind myself that there are steps towards success, and the first step involves controlling myself (and my negative thoughts). Often times this is as easy as taking a deep breath, sometimes it involves using this method, and sometimes I have to resort to Maggie Stiefvater tactics. But eventually I can control my thoughts enough to look forward to the second step. Alternative solutions are hard, but in a lot of cases I can calm myself down even further due to the step back I have to take to see the whole picture and make new plans. And then comes the third step: I choose the situation that's going to make me the happiest in the long run. Which I guess is sometimes the situation that leads to the least tension and negative energy, but sometimes it's unavoidable, and I have to keep taking deep breaths and just Do The Thing...

But anyway. This is a great picture, with a great mental device, and I'm glad I found it on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment